The Board of Directors would like to remind all home owners that all homes in the Hansen Park Development are under the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, Restrictions, Easements and Reservations often refereed to as the “Covenants” or “CC&Rs” as established by the Developer. You should have received a complete copy of the Covenants by your real estate agent or the title company. Regardless of receipt of the document all homes are under the rules of the covenants and owners should read and follow the established rules set forth. The following related documents are PDFs that require Adobe Reader or equivalent:
- Hansen Park Covenants
- Hansen Park HOA Corrective Assessment Fee Schedule
- Storage Shed Standards (see page 5 of this PDF)
- Hansen Park By-Laws: full version and summary.
Covenants and restrictions exist to protect and increase our property values. They are not a punishment nor are they designed to take away property rights; they protect the values of homes and the majority of homeowners in Hansen Park from nuisance and objectionable items.
Below we’ve listed some of the more common questions and frequently missed items. These are not the actual covenants and restrictions, but offer a condensed list in lay terms.
- All lots and buildings must be used for residential purposes only.
- Architectural Control Committee (ACC) must review and approve all improvements, additions and alterations before construction begins. Contact the Board before beginning any construction.
- Exterior color requires approval by ACC, including repainting.
- Structures (including outbuildings) must be approved by the ACC and be constructed of an approved material (wood, stucco, masonry). Outbuilding must be the same color as the home.
- Fences must conform to the fence design and material guidelines of the Hansen Park Plan. Please be aware of Kennewick Ordinance and proximity of fence to the street.
- Changes in Lot elevation must be approved by the ACC.
- No commercial-type trucks or trailers may be parked or permitted to remain on any Lot.
- RV’s, Boats & trailers may be stored on a Lot provided that they are parked at all times adjacent to the garage and screened from view by a fence, gate or 6-foot arbor vitae. Parking on the street for a maximum of 24 hours is allowed for the purpose of loading/unloading only. (Change of policy from 72 hours to 24, July 18, 2011)
- Inoperative vehicles may not be parked in the street for more than 72 hours.
- Satellite dishes should not be visible from the street whenever possible and must be less than 20 inches in diameter. No beams or towers may be constructed on any lot.
- Trash containers should not be left out in front of the house unless they are screened or buried so as not to be visible from the street or adjacent lots.
- No horses, livestock, poultry, reptiles, pigs or other non-domestic animals may be kept on any Lot. Up to two (2) dogs and three (3) cats may be kept in clean, neat and odor-free conditions.
- Persons walking their dogs are responsible for picking up messes left by their dogs on private or public property.
- Outdoor clothes drying may not be visible from the street or adjoining Lots.
- Aesthetics: No fences, awnings, ornamental screens, sunshades, deck and outbuildings may be erected without approval from the ACC.
Special Note: The City of Kennewick has advised homeowners with Basketball hoops that the hoops should not be placed on the street or blocking the sidewalk.