Hansen Park HOA Meeting Minutes
Call to order
Aaron Beasley called to order the regular meeting of the Hansen Park HOA Board at 6:30pm on February 21, 2017 at 8603 W 3rd Ave.
The following persons were present: Aaron Beasley, Teri Miller, Shelley Clark and Tom Hall (pond liaison). Guests Thea Likens, Carolyn Celski and Jason Celski of Celski and Associates, Inc.
The minutes were read and approved.
The financial report was read and approved. Nothing out of the ordinary expenses.
- Celski program
- Celski and Associates can perform all functions for management with the exception of HOA Board Approval.
- They can do: CCR, vendor management, reserve studies, accounting, website management, facebook site management, architectural approval tracking, filter homeowner calls, attorney services/letters.
- Their accounting program handles CCR violation/fees, generates letters and has an owner portal function.
- They handle all billing and collection of annual dues and would have homeowner portals so dues can be paid online.
- The attorney services can be minimized as letters are included in management fees and liens are handled as a flat fee.
- They would set up a board member portal for any approvals to be handled by email/portal in case a meeting is not available for an issue that needs to be resolved or in the case of architectural approvals that require quick turn-around.
- We requested that they put together a proposal of costs for services and we will consider for the 2018 budget.
- Open issues
- Pond – Tom reported he has prepared a pond maintenance plan. Last year we replaced some rock. The water is from KID and it is an irrigation drain pond. There are 6 bubblers with a pump on the north side. Senske maintains the walkways and grass as well as emptying the garbage in the pond area. Bluing keeps the pond algae at bay. Midge flies were an issue last year. He will speak with the supplier regarding cost for abatement. He expects the cost for annual pump maintenance should be $100-180. The full pond maintenance should be about $800 per year for all the above services. The pond budget is part of the grounds maintenance. Last year, they flushed the pond for a week and will do so again annually according to the plan. It was suggested that someone who lives adjacent to the pond be responsible for locking the gate when there is ice on the pond to reduce liability.
- New business
- No CCR report this month as Marty was absent.
Dates to remember
- Meetings will continue to be on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at Aaron’s home at 8603 W 3rd The next meeting will be April 11, 2017
- The annual picnic will be held on September 9, 2017
- The annual yard sales will be April 29, 2017 and September 23, 2017
- The annual meeting will be held on or close to November 14, 2017, depending on availability of the Kennewick Library meeting room
Aaron Beasley adjourned the meeting at 7:45 pm.
Minutes submitted by: Shelley Clark