May 10, 2016
- Call to order
Dave Jepsen called to order the regular meeting of the Hansen Park HOA Board at 6:35pm on May 10, 2016 at 700 S Joliet Street.
- Roll call
The following persons were present: Teri Miller, Dave and Laura Jepsen, Shelley and Bruce Clark, Leon Preddie, Rita Magnaghi, Cameron Watts, Casey Miller, Joe Lenman, Kevin Willborn, Sean Matthews, Matt Backlund and Jeremy Mansius.
- Approval of minutes from last meeting
Dave Jepsen read the minutes from the last meeting. The minutes were approved.
It was reported that Bobby Gale retired from the board.
- Open issues
- Financial report was reviewed and approved.
- 43 homeowners have still not paid annual dues. Another notice will be sent around the first of June.
- Tree trimming and filter upgrades are being paid out of last year’s budget.
- Overage on landscaping will be reviewed. We are supposed to be informed of any extras before they bill.
- Major leak in irrigation at Joliet and 10th has been fixed.
- New business
- One home near the lake has had a visiting dog that puts them over the 2 dog limit. Leon to check into it.
- The pond area on the west side is too saturated with water. It will be reviewed and check the sprinkler timing.
- Vacant lots on Pittsburg Street are not being maintained. Trailer was moved off the street on to the lot. There is construction debris left from the most recent home which was finished 5 months ago. Needs weed control and dust control. It is a problem and an eyesore.
- Homeowner with metal roof brought copy of plan signed off by Ryan Pratt.
- Homeowner building a shop says the plan is with the city for approval. The shop will match the home and setbacks will need to be approved by the city. The board will review the plans and get back to the homeowner within the allotted timeframe.
- Jeremy met with Eugene at Senske regarding resetting timing on the sprinklers to prevent overwatering and set spray so as not to water the roadways. Aeration was not finished. Need to keep on them as some was completed but need to do the pond area. It was suggested to set the timing for non-peak hours so the pond area is not being watered when people want to use it.
- It was confirmed that a homeowner has chickens in the backyard. It was pointed out that the covenants restrict chickens, so he will be getting rid of them.
- Discussed the issues with the non-compliant house. Most correspondence was verbal, so the attorney letter was the first notice from the HOA in writing. It was shown that the color was approved due to non-response by HOA board and stone has been added. The metal roof is an accent and was approved by Ryan Pratt on the plan.
Dave Jepsen adjourned the meeting at 9:10 pm.
Minutes submitted by: Shelley Clark
Minutes reviewed by: David L. Jepsen : President, Hansen Park HOA