March 8, 2016
Call to order
Dave Jepsen called to order the regular meeting of the Hansen Park HOA Board at 6:30pm on March 8, 2016 at 700 S Joliet Street.
The following persons were present: Teri Miller, Dave Jepsen, Shelley Clark, Leon Preddie, Bobby Gale and Laura Jepsen.
Approval of minutes from last meeting
Dave Jepsen read the minutes from the last meeting. Correction for the number of filters added to 6. Yard sale is May 14th. The minutes were approved with changes.
- Financial report was reviewed.
- Senske will be billing the filters and tree trimming separately.
- Spring Yard Sale is scheduled for May 14, 2016. We will ask for volunteers to help put the signs out. Depending on participation, we may need to cancel the fall yard sale.
- Fall Barbeque is scheduled for September 10, 2016. A bouncy house has been reserved.
- Dog decoys have been installed near the pond. They need to be moved around more and we are evaluating their effectiveness.
- Compliance issues were discussed. Ryan Pratt and Dave Retter are still working on resolution to non-compliant house. Bobby will send notice regarding the pergola issue. Unfinished side yard has been resolved. Abandoned work trailer is being handled by the City of Kennewick (note the trailer is now off the street and on the property).
- It was requested that Dave ask what happened to the old filters as they could be used as backup or another area if needed. It was suggested to put concrete around filters for mowing. The HOA favored existing landscaping as it is more attractive and less costly should the irrigation spring a leak.
- A note was received regarding the blue dye packs for controlling algae in the pond. Please check price before buying, but yes we will continue to use dye packs.
- The pond pump blew out and is being repaired. The spare one was used for now and the new one will become the spare. Each pump lasts about a year and cost around $600 to repair.
- It was requested by the webmaster that we move away from the website and use Facebook. It was discussed and we determined the website is more useful for people outside the community and for accessing information.
Dave Jepsen adjourned the meeting at 7:30 pm.
Minutes submitted by: Shelley Clark
Minutes reviewed by: David L. Jepsen