Board members present: Marty and Kay Zizzi, Cindy Christiansen, Jerry Chandler
The January 2012 minutes were reviewed and approved.
- Continuing discussion on recruiting additional board members. Marty will call one or more HA members to solicit interest. Goal is to get a number of homeowners to attend one or more board meetings with no obligation to see how the board works.
Financial/Treasurer update (Cindy Christensen):
- Cindy discussed status of collections (past due annual assessments) process. Collection agency is on board. The Board needs to sort out for its own information how a lien process would work if the collection agency is involved. Cindy will call Donna Vance on how the lien process works. Cindy will finalize a policies and procedures addition on this process and we will publish this information in the next newsletter.
- Overall budget status is good – on track.
Common Area maintenance contract:
- Marty discussed pursuing a multiple option year contract with the current common area contractor (Senske). He will call/email Senske to get this process started.
- Marty summarized current enforcement actions. He noted that compared to this time last year, overall compliance on the most common problem – proper storage of trash containers – is vastly improved.
- There are two current problem properties that the Board will pursue through the HOA attorney: 213 So. Louisiana (ongoing parking of trailer in driveway) and 8414 W. 3rd Ave. (multiple violations including shed, trash container storage, trailer and unfinished landscaping).
- We will publish a spring newsletter in March.
Architecture Control Committee:
- No report this month. Fay and Jim have been requested to draft a revised policy of structures and a separate policy on flagpoles. They will work with Marty on this.